Chennai International Airport (MAA)
Chennai Airport (IATA: MAA):
Chennai International Airport (IATA: MAA, ICAO: VOMM) serves the Indian city of Chennai, being the fourth busiest airport in India after Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. It is located about 15 kilometers southwest of the city center.
About Chennai Airport:
Chennai, also known as Madras, is the major and capital city of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the megacities of India behind Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata, with a total population of 7,088,000 inhabitants, with a total metropolitan population of more than 10 million people. Given the high amount of health tourists visiting the city, it is commonly known as India’s health capital.
Chennai is one of the most visited cities of India due its attractions, such as Mahabalipuram (which is an UNESCO heritage site), Kanchipuram, Covelong, Rameswaram, Tirupati, Vedanthangal and Kanyakumbaliari, featuring the Dravidic and Gothic architecture. Also features its temples and beaches, among the historical and cultural significance sites.
- Flight Status
- Check the status of your flight. Check Arrivals Flight Status or Departures Flight Status
- See the available options to get to Chennai city:
Train: It is not available railway connection between the Chennai International Airport and the city center.
Bus: Daily AC Minibuses are available outside the terminal.
Public transport: You can get daily to the city centre by several interurban bus lines.
Taxi: Get within 50 minutes to Chennai city centre.
See transprotation tips
- Two terminals, International and Domestic, in a single terminal building.
See more terminal info.
- Car Hire / Car Rental
- If you want to rent a car, use the search engine on our car rental page and compare all operating companies
- Present and Future
- There is a project to connect the metro subway to the passenger terminals by a connect tub, which will link the metro station to the flyover at the terminals. By this way, passengers will be able to transfer between the station to the departure area.
Chennai International Airport is currently facing problems regarding structure and maintenance. There have been reported several incidents such as glass panels collapse, among others. Also, the new terminal, will be built between the two new terminals. It is expected that by this new terminal incorporation, the total capacity of Chennai International Airport will increase from 23M to 30M passengers annually. It will be complete for 2021.
Contact Information MAA AirportSee the airport in Google Maps
For further information about the airport, please call:
Customer care: +91 044 2256 0551
Address: GST Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027 INDIA
Phone (24x7 Helpline): +91 44 2256 0551